Wednesday 1 May 2013

Day 63 - Private Inspection of Frame stage

I selected an inspector that had never worked for CG, and whose company was unknown to CG.
The inspection found no defects, but impressed the inspector no end. He took me around to show me all the areas that well exceeded standards, but which were in line with the very best practice. He did mention that this was an unusual outcome and that his experience with other builders, one in particular, often is a long list of defects that apparently are addressed only after lengthy and repeated demands

3 comments:

  1. Is the inspector experienced with hebel? It is important that they are because there are many special concerns related to hebel - detailed in other blogs. We used NHI for frame like most CG clients because of their expertise with hebel. They always find defects but do stress the high quality of the build & work of CG. NHI even detailed a few incorrect screw size & bolts not tightened adequately. Very very detailed. I would be concerned that not 1 defect was found.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Given that CG had found quite a few themselves, I did feel that I had blown my money!
      I will make sure I get a hebel expert next time around!

      Delete
    2. I agree with moxie. I had NHI for frame (paid by CG) and had them at pre-plaster and for pre-handover(both paid by me). Each inspection they find at least 10 items needing attention/rectification. CG is very good but their tradies are like the same ones others use (nothing special with them). I'm no expert in building industry not even close to being a handyman but using common sense I still found faults in the way they do things. Good thing about CG they listen and do something about it.

      Delete