Monday 25 March 2013

Day 26 - Piers removed

It seems some of my piers have been removed in the process of putting the plumbing in, and that the island bench may have some plumbing added that is required next to the sink.
Since all the piers have been buried with the plumbing work, I am interested in seeing how the site is cleared so what remains of the piers can be accounted for and perhaps ensure that they are level, as no levels were checked when the piers were poured
I have raised this with DL and he has explained that the Concreter will fix the piers today as part of the slab preparation. Additionally what I thought was a drain to the island bench is conduit that can be used to get the wiring to the bench. All my concerns should be resolved today!





8 comments:

  1. We had the same concern with the island bench thinking it was for plumbing! Our house is flying alone - frame nearly completed! Our SS has been great. Very happy so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have an island bench as well with no plumbing? I thought we were flying alone with that concept!
      Seems you have flown ahead and are now two or three weeks ahead of us, we expect the frame to start after Easter and take 2-3 weeks to get done.
      Challenge now is the electric plans, CG have raised some variations based on their not including the correct design to meet our stated needs ie Laudrey needs to be retired to support a washing machine AND drier ( I am scared to mention an iron might be used as well, as that may cost me another K ) working this through with the electrician who hasn't had a chance yet to review what he is aledged to have recommended. At the moment I feel like I'm in a store with the salespeople putting their hands in my pockets to see if they can't squeeze more cash out - but I hope that feeling passes as we get on with the business of house delivery

      Delete
  2. That's strange. We did our electrical plans with our colours - not an electrician. Our kitchens are similar. How much did your acoustic sound batts cost?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did our electrical then too, H did a top job, but some mystery electrician indicated that it was all wrong and I should fork out a fortune. Turns out to be largely nonsense and the actual electrician knew nothing about it. Though I am disappointed that the original "contract" did not provide the correct wiring for the appliances listed in the contract and that I should now pay more to wire such strange and unexpected items as ovens in the kitchen.
      sound proofing was a little over 2K

      Delete
  3. PS - I would recess your sliding door tracks into slab for flat finish

    ReplyDelete