Friday 8 March 2013

Day 9 - Meeting our Construction Project Manager and our construction phase Administrator

Met with DL, as he explained what was involved in the underpinning to the neighbours.  I have seen his work personally in a house he constructed around the corner and as detailed in Hyatt38's blog.  He strikes me a competent professional and I look forward to working with him (or his working on my house at any rate).
EW has been assigned as my construction administrator, and she seems like another competent and dedicated individual, if she looks after us half as well as BB did in the contract stage I will be very happy indeed.
Bad news is that we won't have a slab until the end of the month, but on the flip side the good news is that we should have a slab poured by the end of the month, and perhaps the frame erected.  I am useless at this waiting game, but that is how the cards are at the moment.  No work can start until the underpinning is completed, and the underpinning could not be scheduled until the neighbours have agreed to it, and it takes time.

No comments:

Post a Comment